For ten years, Task Force Dagger Special Operations Foundation has been a reliable resource for USSOCOM. Service members and retired Special Operations Forces and their families often have needs that are not covered by DoD, VA or military insurance.
This is where we fill the gap. With an average response time of two hours, our Immediate Needs Program provides a rapid resolution to most situations and requests from USSOCOM. Needs covered are diverse and apply to both medical and other immediate support requests as identified from either the unit chain of command or the US Special Operations Command Warrior Care Program. This partnership ensures that every need is vetted and verified.
We are the only Special Operations Forces-specific organization to provide this support to all Special Operations teams.
support the immediate needs program
What is an immediate need?
An Immediate Need Request is primarily financial support from Task Force Dagger Special Operations Foundation to service members to cover unexpected financial burdens that are not covered by DoD, VA or Tricare. Immediate Needs Support can also be providing resources to the service member or their family.
As Special Operations Members ourselves, we know the importance of having a team to rely on when things get tough. TFDSOF offers that security and support during the unexpected.
These are a few of the things we support:
- Support for family members undergoing treatment for cancer and other illnesses/needs where there are gaps in coverage through Tricare or the VA.
- Travel, transportation and lodging for families to be united during illness, treatments or during tragedy.
- Service dog donations to Special Operations Families.
- Purchase of medical equipment for Special Operations Families not covered by Tricare.
- Burial and funeral expenses for Special Operations Service Members killed in action.